Saturday, February 21, 2009

Booth Wars


Beer: Big Bear Ale


Location: Grizzly's La Crosse, WI

Story: A few of my friends, along with myself when out to the local, La Crosse, Grizzly's. It wasn't our first choice but at 7:30pm on a Friday night where else could we get seated instantly. Don't get me wrong, Grizzly's always has been good to me and yet again I had a good experience
The beer that I sampled on Friday the 20th of February was listed as Big Bear Ale coming out of Chippewa Falls, WI. I have done some research and can't really find this beer on the web so I am wondering if it is a special beer done for the Grizzly's restaurant chain? I will do some more research or if anyone knows let me know. It reminded me a lot of the Red Hook ESB that I reviewed this past weekend. It was full flavored but was smooth on drink ability. The aftertaste brought a very mild burnt flavor to your mouth. The best part about drinking this brew at Grizzly's was that they offer you the option for a 22oz at a price of $4. This provides really good value for a really good beer. I will give it 3.5 out of 5 stars and this is based on price value too.

Now, the story that comes from the title. Booth Wars stems from the incident with the children sitting behind me and my roommate. We sat down and were laughing and having a good time when all of the sudden we realized we were sitting against a broken booth. It was a shock when we went flailing forward. Initially we pushed back just in a joking matter and the other side stopped for a bit. It was almost like we achieved victory, but only for a moment. Then our waitress told us it was little kids, I guess that is acceptable. I would have to say the waitstaff was so helpful and the experience was excellent. She even went along with taking the picture for us and by letting me borrow her pen to take notes. The pen and napkin notepad sitting next to my beer(pictured). Grizzly's deserves a little bit of a shout out from the cave!

Then my friends went to comedy night and I went to work. How does that work?


1 comment: